Job Title: General Maintenance/Custodian
Pay Rate: $14.20/hr
Reports to: Operations Director
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The general cleaning position at the Cortland County Family YMCA supports a clean, comfortable experience for all of our members and staff.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Cleaning the Cortland YMCA facility.
- Maintain and clean YMCA grounds, parking lots, and sidewalks including mowing, shoveling and salting (seasonally, as needed and when on shift).
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings, required trainings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Hours: Evenings and Weekends; approximately 25 hours/week.
Please fill out the application and return to 22 Tompkins St. Cortland or email to firstname.lastname@example.org