Ages 15+ Welcome
General Function: The Party Host will be the main host for birthday parties that take place at the YMCA. This position is responsible for setting up for the party, being available for assistance during the party, lifeguarding, and helping to clean up.
Requirements: The Party Host should be an organized and outgoing individual with excellent people skills and costumer service. They should be welcoming to families as they celebrate their events at the YMCA. CPR/First Aid/AED Lifeguard Certification is strongly encouraged but will train this position if those qualifications are not met.
- Setting up community room, gym, and pool for parties
- Greeting families and guests as they arrive
- Aiding guests during their time at the YMCA
- Lifeguarding during the party’s time in the pool
- Assisting in clean up after the party is over
- Meet with Events & Outreach Coordinator and Aquatics Director periodically about upcoming parties
This position is for the following shifts:
Your schedule will depend on when parties are booked, and advanced notice will be given for each shift.
Please stop down to the Cortland YMCA on 22 Tompkins St. to apply.
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Weekends only
- Additional hours are available in similar roles, if interested.
Work Location: In person
To Apply: Please fill out and return an employment application (below) to Margo at email@example.com.